There’s a lot to love about a metal roof. It’s extremely durable, for starters, being able to withstand almost every weather condition. It has also evolved from its humble design into something sleeker and more stylish. Metal roofing, in fact, can be made to resemble shingles, tiles or shakes. It also comes in many different finishes, making it easier for you to match it with your home’s style and exterior palette.
Have we mentioned that this roofing option can last up to 50 years? That’s twice as long as its more popular counterpart! But while metal roofing checks all the boxes in what an excellent roofing system should be, it will still require proper and regular maintenance. Here’s how you can take better care of your metal roofing.
- Be on the lookout for debris. Metal roofing comes with a smooth surface that is designed to shed rainwater effectively. But there may be an instance when leaves, dirt and other debris will start accumulating on top of your roof. This is especially common when tree branches hang over the system. You’ll want to clear off this debris buildup immediately. That’s because they retain moisture, which not only encourages mold and algae growth on the roof, but also wears off its protective finish. Once you have the roof cleaned of debris, make sure to cut back any overhanging tree limbs to better prevent another buildup. You also have the option to remove unsightly debris stains on your roof through pressure washing. Just make sure, however, that you hire a professional for the task.
- Keep the gutters clean. Since the gutter system is an extension of your metal roof, you’ll want it to remain clean and clog-free. Otherwise, rainwater will back up in the system and overflow, pooling at the base of your home while leaving its exterior vulnerable to water damage. Not only that – water can also seep behind the fascia board and create leaks. Simply having your gutters cleaned regularly, or investing in a good gutter protection system, can help prevent this.
- Have the roof checked regularly. Scheduling a comprehensive inspection with a local roof replacement and repair professional like Bay Valley Contractors can make a huge difference to your metal roof’s life. This is especially crucial following a major weather event. A metal roof can stand up to inclement weather, yes, but if you want to make sure that it actually IS still in good shape, a thorough inspection by our trained and experienced team can confirm it. That said, it’s always a better idea to catch any warning signs through a roof checkup – and deal with any developing problems quickly – instead of waiting until there’s obvious damage before having it fixed.
- Check your metal roof for signs of corrosion. The flashing around the chimney, heating and air vents, and any oil condensers above the cooking area are particularly susceptible to corrosion. These components, after all, commonly release steam, heat and chemicals, which can wear down the finish of your metal roof. Once the flashing is corroded, the possibility of leaks increases, so consult your trusted local roofer immediately for the necessary solution.
What to Expect From Bay Valley Contractors
The fact is that roofing work, whether it involves repair, maintenance or installation, isn’t something an untrained person should attempt. For one thing, you run the risk of making the problems worse or causing inadvertent damage to the roof itself. There’s also the matter of your safety: slip and fall accidents are not at all uncommon in DIY roofing work. To ensure the job is done properly and safely, call a reliable professional like Bay Valley Contractors instead. We’re not just your go-to company for solar roofing installation; we can also handle your metal roof repair and maintenance needs.
When you choose us for your project, you can always expect that:
- You’ll be working with a fully licensed, bonded and insured roofer. Bay Valley Contractors has all the necessary credentials that make us qualified to perform roofing work in your area. Every member of our skilled and trained crew also carries workers’ compensation and liability coverage, meaning you’ll remain protected should anything go awry during your project. And, because we know the ins and outs of roofing work specific to California, we can ensure your repair or installation will be up to code.
- You’re leaving the job to an experienced company. Roofing work is too big and complex to leave to a greenhorn. Choose an experienced roofer like Bay Valley Contractors instead. For 30 years, we have provided the communities in and around Concord, CA, with exceptional solutions to their roof replacement and repair needs. Combining superior workmanship and personalized service, we continue to not only meet your expectations, but exceed them as well.
- Your project will be given our full attention. At Bay Valley Contractors, it’s our goal to make your experience with us a positive and enjoyable one. That’s why we establish clear and effective communication between us and our clients. We are always open to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have about the project. On the off chance that something is not done to your satisfaction, count on us to correct that immediately.
Our customer centric approach to roofing and remodeling work is the one of the reasons we remain an A+ Rated company with the Better Business Bureau. We are also grateful for the generous feedback we continue to receive in Google My Business from satisfied clients. Top-notch customer service, superior workmanship backed by industry experience and high-quality products – these are what sets Bay Valley Contractors apart from the rest.
When You Need to Get a New Metal Roofing
Prompt repair and regular maintenance can do wonders for the longevity and performance of your metal roof. But there will come a time when these won’t be enough anymore. When it’s time to get a new metal roofing system for your home, just turn to Bay Valley Contractors. We offer some of the toughest and most versatile options from Boral®. These include stone coated steel roofing, which is available in five distinct profiles and offers incredible resistance against wind, hail impact and fire. We are more than happy to help you explore your choices and decide on the one that best suits your budget and needs.
Schedule Your Free Quote Today!
Keeping a sturdier and longer lasting metal roof is not as daunting as you may expect. Just turn to your trusted roofing and remodeling expert, Bay Valley Contractors for high-quality repair and maintenance services. And, if you need a new metal roofing for your home, we can also assist you with that upgrade! We proudly serve the areas in and around Concord, CA, along with the Contra Costa, Alameda and Solano counties. Call us today at (925) 705-7889, or fill out this contact form to schedule your roof evaluation.